3rd EAI International Conference on IoT as a Service
FINAL CAMERA READY DEADLINE:
11 August 2017
Co-located with IoT360° Summit
EXHIBIT at IoT360° Summit to gain important exposure for your project, prototype or product
PARTICIPATE at IoT360° Summit and connect with others in your field!
As we are striding into the initial era of the Internet of Things (IoT), a key question is how we make the most of IoT for all stakeholders, including platform providers, IoT application developers, end-users, large and small organizations (such as city councils, enterprises) that wish to provide better services, and manufacturers of smart devices. The amount of smart devices immersed in everyday life, from manufacturing to clothing, is growing every day in terms of power, processing and network connectivity. The sheer size and variety of contextual data that they produce, along with the actions they can take on their environment, is enormous. It remains to be answered how all this potential will come to bear; the 3rd International Conference on IoT as a Service (IoTaaS) aims to contribute to the discussion on the challenges posed by these trends. The "Everything as a Service" deployment paradigm will enable the easy adoption of IoT based services and applications by end-users, while forcing providers of smart objects and middleware platforms to architect their solutions accordingly. To maximize impact and adoption, the barrier-to-entry should be lowered by making development of new applications and the ingestion and exposure of smart objects as easy as possible. The IoTaaS conference aims to bring together researchers and practitioners interested in creating IoT-based value-added services from academia, industry, and SMEs. IoTaaS attendees will present novel ideas, exchange points of view, and foster collaborations. Papers, posters, and demos expressing the point of view of middleware and platform providers, smart object providers, application developers, and researchers are particularly welcome.
- The event is endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation, a leading community-based organization devoted to the advancement of innovation in the field of ICT and will be co-located with the IOT360 Summit.
- Participation in this event will give attendees the unique opportunity to be exposed to all technical scientific aspects of IoT related topic areas at co-located conferences, as well as be able to have full access to the IoT market place and business aspects in practice at the IOT 360 Summit.
- Keynote speakers: Prof. Michael Pecht from University of Maryland and Dr. Tao Zhang from CISCO.
- Accepted papers will be published in the IoTaaS Conference Proceedings and by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes of ICST (LNICST). The proceedings will be available both in book form and via the SpringerLink digital library, which is one of the largest digital libraries online and covers a variety of scientific disciplines.
- The proceedings are submitted for inclusion to the leading indexing services: DBLP, Google Scholar, Thomson Scientific ISI Proceedings, EI Elsevier Engineering Index, CrossRef, Scopus, as well as EAI's own EU Digital Library (EUDL).
Topics of interest:
Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Smart objects as a service
- IoT marketplace: for offering IoT based applications and services
- API economy: for easier and tighter integration
- Semantic Web technologies for IoT: registry, storage
- IoT delivery platforms: existing and emerging platform and architectures for exposing and interacting with IoT
- Federated IoT support
- Non Functional Requirements (NFR) for IoT : security, scalability, responsiveness and more
- Standardization: standard areas needed
- Business models
- IoT DevOps
- IoT context based analytics
- IoT application deployment success stories
- Mobile First IoT: mobile backend as a services (MBaaS) and smartphone as data prosumers